Saturday, June 16, 2007

Flood Caused by Blogging

I was working on the blog this morning/tending to a sick Katya (her fever is 103.8 F/39 C) when I forgot to turn off the water to the bathroom tub. It REALLY overflowed. There was an inch of water all over the bathroom and in our dining area. I was in the midst of trying to mop it all up when the downstairs neighbor rang the doorbell... Thank GOD he's a nice Frenchman who's renting and not a Russian who actually owns the apartment. (When I first discovered the mess I was terrified to learn who lived below...) After I finished cleaning up the water, I went downstairs to survey the mess... His bathroom and toilet room (separate) were both REALLY wet and a hall-like room outside of that area showed water through the ceiling paint. The bathroom and toilet room are tile, so there won't be any watermarking and we'll just have to wait and see what the other ceiling looks like once it dries... ARGH.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I guess that means you are a true blogging addict! (My husband is looking over my shoulder saying, "welcome to the club" -- I guess he thinks I'm one too.)

Hope Katya feels better soon, and that the rest of the family doesn't catch it.

It sounds like you guys had a great time at your friend's cabin.