Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I'm on TV with my Second Graders!

Last week PBK TV, the Russian equivalent of CNN/MSNBC, did a story on private Moscow schools that use foreign methodology. The show is called "Сфера интересов" and the school's director asked if I could participate. You can see clips of me teaching Madeline to my favorite group of second graders. They didn't include me using the Rassias Method, but they did choose to highlight my facial expressions and moving around the classroom--sharp departures from the traditional Russian classroom where the teacher remains seated and is much more reserved.


Click here to see the whole show. For those of you non-Russian speakers, my class is between minutes 8:41 and 9:13 and 12:07 and 12:48.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I could have swore I commented before about this. Hmmm.

Very cool, by the way!