Friday, November 16, 2007

Yet Another Hacked Haircut in Our House

Luckily, this time the cutting wasn't done by Katya to herself or to her sister (or the time I woke up to find Natalia staring at me, scissors in hand, contemplating MY hair...)!!!

Yesterday Katya was doing a "fake stained glass" project that involved glitter glue. Glitter glue, it turns out, that is PERMANENT. Believe me, we tried EVERY WAY POSSIBLE to get that glue out. The template filled with sparkly glue of every color of the rainbow was on the table--when all of the sudden, Lylalya (one of our kittens) jumped up to see what was going on--and sat directly on the glue.

The necessary haircut that followed is one that you can imagine; I won't be posting a picture!!

I know, I know, you want a picture... But I was so busy dealing with the glue that I didn't take a before. Without that, well, the "after" picture is just a cat butt with chunks of hair cut off all around it... and a misshapen tail... Sorry, no pic. If I took one now, it wouldn't look nearly as bad as it originally did. Better to just imagine it :-)

7 comments:

Tina in CT said...

A scalped popee!

Tami said...

Oh the poor kitty!

Tina in CT said...

I'm glad it was the cat and that Katya hadn't played hairdresser again!

Grandma Streusel

Nataliya said...

Oh-oh :) Poor Lyalya!

So I'm not the only one finding my daughter with scissors :) She was brushing my hair, and I heard a very strange sound... She was about to use the scissors on my hair. Luckily, I was fast enough to prevent it :)

Krystal said...

MoscowMom,

Thank you so much for donating such a cool prize to the raffle!!!!

Katya said...

Ok. Let's all chant together, "Post the picture! Post the picture!"
Your loyal readers need a laugh!

Tina in CT said...

I guess I'm the kittens' grandma here in NE and I'd like to see the "end" results too.