Saturday, December 22, 2007

Wendy Loves Captain Hook...

So much in fact, that she has been sleeping with his hook... He came to her Tinkerbell party wearing it as part of his costume; she hasn't been quite ready to give it back!

Her best friend is now the sweetest little boy named S~~. They are both absolutely smitten. They run around holding hands, I've glimpsed him stroking her hair, and she pretends to have a hard time zipping her coat when leaving school if he's still there so they can walk out together. They had a few playdates last weekend and then have played a few times outside of school this week as well; we've had some unexpected difficulties these past two days (I'll write more about that later) that required emergency help with watching the kids and S~~'s mom--and his grandma who's visiting from CA--have been wonderful! The girls were thrilled to spend time at at their house, too.

Today Natalia and S~~ did NOT want to say good bye, knowing that they wouldn't see each other until the middle of January. She'll be in the US; he'll be in Australia. Talk about a long-distance relationship--but Natalia has already asked about e-mailing him :-) As we left, they hugged each other over and over, even exchanging a few sweet kisses. Natalia sighed in the elevator and had a dreamy happy look the whole way home. As we rode our elevator upstairs, she declared, "I have a wonderful secret" and she wouldn't tell me...

I asked a few more questions, and she blushed so sweetly... "When I think about S~~, my heart wants to kiss him." Me: "Really? How come?" Natalia: "Because I love him and one day he's going to make me his princess."

The other day she wrote him a little note, "Thank you for making my happy and love."

I had already decided to post about this, and then I read my friend Katya's blog! What a coincidence; today she wrote about her first-grade son's first declarations of love!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

OMG, you are in SERIOUS trouble when she gets to be a teenager!! When you are the U.S. you should see the Movie, "Dan in Real Life" if it's still in theaters (probably not)...your description of her reminds me of the middle of Dan's three daughters who at 13 (or 14?) is absolutely melodramatically smitten with a boy much to her Dad's chagrin. That was the funniest part of an otherwise just okay/but still enjoyable movie.

Tina in CT said...

It is a lot like Katya and Sasha last year.

Annie said...

That's adorable! My newest son, Ilya (12) seemed to "fall in love" at first sight with Masha at our Russian school. They are so cute....and she has helped him acclamate so much, but though they are both petite people, and look like fifth graders, twelve might be less "adorable" than with your sweetie and her "S".