Sunday, March 16, 2008

Pippi Longstocking in Moscow

video

I took the girls back to Mir Dyetstva today to see the premier of a play about Pippi Longstocking. It was well done and the actors did a good job of relating to the audience. I only risked whipping out my camera at the very, very end; there probably was a policy against it... I'm including this because I figured that those of you who know Russian would have fun listening.



Afterwards we had dinner there and the girls each made a sculpture. While we waited for our meals, Katya wrote a review (two thumbs up) of the performance in her diary and Natalia practiced writing in her diary, too. I wish they would have let me take a picture of their entries! We have so many of those paper sculptures at home now that I think I'm going to hang them from the ceiling in the dining area the way they do in the shop... It'll really liven up the room. I've noticed that Natalia is increasingly confident during the lessons; she loves the projects so much that she doesn't realize that she's also getting good Russian practice! By the way, it's been great to hear how many of you adoptive families visited the place while you were in Moscow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

paper sculptures are beautiful ...they are taking classes?? I want to take those classes...I am amazed how wonderful they are...
DebiP

Tina in CT said...

More beautiful paper sculptures! Great idea to hand them all from over the dining table like at MD. That is such an unusual and fantastic store. We need something like that here.

Rachael said...

Oh, you know I love that place!

And, Pippi, was she played by an adult with blond braids? Strange, indeed.

Actually, I was hoping you'd take my "show and tell" challenge from my last place. Your apartment has such an artsy vibe. I love the look. You should post some pics of your dining room and the girls' room for sure!

Tina in CT said...

I agree with Rachel. You need to take pictures of the dining area with the gallery walls and Kataya/Natalia's bedroom as you did such beautiful murals.

Muddy said...

I love the paper sculptures. I second (or third) the vote to hang them in your dining room. It would be so enchanting to see them all the different ones they make hanging down. (and definately take a picture of them if you do)

Katya said...

I STILL vividly remember seeing a live production of Pipi when I was in Germany at age 11. "Ich bin Pipi Laungstrrauffen"(sp?)

Annie said...

I just wish we'd done the paper craft! I was impressed with just the ground floor!