Friday, April 4, 2008

Windows of the State Historical Museum


The State Historical Museum is an absolutely beautiful building that lines Red Square, across from St. Basil's Cathedral and in between the Kremlin, Lenin's Mausoleum and the GUM department store. I've taken many pictures over the years of the museum's brick facades and fairy-tale towers.

My new camera's different lenses allow me to take a whole different class of pictures... And so, dear friends, I present you with "The Windows of the State Historical Museum."



Just a teaser before I go... Coming soon... Tomorrow... "The Windows of St. Basil's Cathedral."

5 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I did not get inside the building or St. B's so let's do that when I come this year.

Nataliya said...

Do you have a professional camera? Because all the pictures are GORGEOUS!

Thank you so much for your offer to bring the books! Both girls need the very early reader level books. Unfortunately, Rachel's Russian reading level is on kindergarten level. She's still reading in syllables (po slogam)... How much are the children's books? I just need to know how much to spend!

Annie said...

Amazing! Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

First time I saw this building I must of been 6 or 7 years old - it scared me to death. I did not want to look at it or go inside. I remember the feeling but have no idea what was the reason for it. It looked forbidding, scary and sinister to me, and I am pretty sure I did not know these words at 6.I still do not like the look of it.
Olga

garnet said...

Amazing! Your new camera lens is fantastic. What kind do you have?