Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!

Since I can't exactly deliver our gifts to my mom and mother-in-law, I'm doing some virtual gift-giving today. Here you can see them--and you'll get them when we see you this summer.

First off, aren't these lacquer boxes adorable??! I'd never seen any like them before. I bought all the craftswoman had!



The gray one features "Snegurochka," the snow maiden, and is for my mom. The next three also feature fairy tale motifs, but I'll have to research them before I can tell you more about the stories. The orange one is for Carole, my mother-in-law. The red one is for Rebecca, my sister-in-law; it's a very special mother's day for her this year since she's expecting her third baby! The turquoise one is for Pat, my good friend and favorite French teacher from when I was a kid.

The boxes open up this way:



Doesn't this little pup look like Liesel??? Enjoy, Mom!


And here's Beatrice, Carole!



We send you lots of love!

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I love the boxes and when I saw them, I thought that the one I'd especially love is the snow maiden. As I read along and scrolled down, I was excited to see that that is the one slated for me. They are so different and pretty.

Of course I will be very happy to add the black and tan doxie to my collection here at home. Yes, it does look like Liesel. Thank you!

Happy Mother's Day!

Christine said...

Happy Mother's Day! I like the boxes.

Annie said...

Oh, my gosh! They are so cute! And the little pup! He makes me smile.