Monday, May 26, 2008

"What Time is It?" "Summertime..." Yes, It Is... And in More Ways Than One!

If you google "High School Musical" + Russia, the top hit you get is still a link to my blog... Back from when I got my hands on a bootleg copy of "High School Musical 2" and hosted a little viewing party for friends in our apartment...

Well...

FINALLY...

The movie has been released in Russian, dubbed by famous actors/singers. The premier was this weekend on Russian television and I'm guessing that the dvd and soundtrack are now in stores as of this week.

I'll definitely go buy it... It'll be great practice for the girls to learn all the songs in Russian. Katya's teacher asked me to have the girls listen to Russian music as much as possible while we're in the USA this summer. I'm assuming you're "in" for copies, Nataliya and Rachael??

Here's a taste of the Russian version:

5 comments:

david santos said...

Excellent, my friend, excellent!
By

Christine said...

Thank you so much. My girls enjoyed this but sadly, didn't understand a word.

Christine said...

I am hoping to start a raffle to raise money for Dennis' adoption in the next day or two.

Annie said...

Oh, my gosh! We'd love a copy, too! All my kids adore it! They never cease to point out that the girl who plays the piano is Russian! They'd love it.

Rachael said...

Katya hasn't been interested in HSM yet. She hasn't even seen the American version. But, I think it'd still be fun to have a copy. She'll like it someday, I'm sure.