Sunday, May 18, 2008

It's baaaaaaack..... ARGH!!!!!!



Okay. I'll just give up and be sick now for the next month. No point in fighting it... No matter what preventative measures I try, I'll be sick from non-stop sinus infections until the end of June...



Behold the first "pukh" of 2008. It started flying on Tuesday and I'm already sick and on antibiotics. I wrote about it last June here...



Ah, the joys of unfertilized dogwood pollen... All because of an idiotic horticultural decision made by Stalin in 1934. Poplar trees have to be planted in equal male/female varieties; Stalin, alas, only had eyes for the ladies... And thus, our sexually frustrated poplar trees blow out their pollen in mass unfertilized snow-like clouds, wreaking havoc on all those who suffer from allergies or who don't particularly enjoy having fuzz stick to their tongues, eyes and land in their coffee.

9 comments:

Rachael said...

Ugh. What a mess. Our neighbors have a cottonwood tree and similar stuff blows all over our yard every year (starting any time now...). Smaller scale, I know, but it drives me nuts, so I feel your pain.

Tami said...

Ahhh...springtime in Moscow. Glad I missed it, or I would have ended up just like you! :) Hang in there hon! ;>)

ourboysourlives said...

We have a few in our back yard too...they are such beautiful trees until and then after they SHED...I love the sound they make as the winds blow through the leaves...I am sorry that it makes you sick.

Tina in CT said...

I would be miserable there w/my allergies. I feel badly for you.

Your email is not working and coming back to me.

Tina in CT said...

Love the blog layout.

The picture of Natalia in the snow is gorgeous. I definitely want a copy to scrap.

Nataliya said...

I love the new blog layout! Hopefully you'll feel better soon!

Stalin was definitely an idiot to come up with this decision! (isn't it nice to be able to say that? My late grandma was so afraid of the system, she couldn't tolerate talking about the soviet leaders even in the 90s)

kate said...

It hasn't started "snowing" here in St. P yet and I'm ALREADY sick!!! So, so not fair. Yuck.

Christine said...

Oh my. I'm sorry. But I do find the Russian facts to be facinating. I really enjoy your blog! Who knew?

garnet said...

I am so sorry -- I know all about allergies. Hope that by now it's over?