Thursday, May 8, 2008

Oh, Yeah...

While today the sun is shining, I filled my girls' drawers with shorts and mini dresses, and there are pretty flowers everywhere...

YESTERDAY IT ACTUALLY SNOWED.

Not a lot, mind you, but just enough to mess with your mind, reminding you that you live in Russia, and..

... always expect the unexpected.

Nothing can be counted on, be it my quick trip to the gym, an "easy" list for the grocery store, reregistering your car (when five business days turn into one and a half months), or thinking it's safe to put away the down parkas on May 1st. (The girls needed them, of course, on May 3rd when it was icily cold outside).

The yo-yo-ing temperatures this week inevitably lead to sickness in our house... I hope Natalia is well enough for the family boat cruise field trip her whole school is going on tomorrow!

7 comments:

bleeding espresso said...

Wow our temps yo-yo here, but not nearly *that* much! Hope everyone is feeling well :)

Tina in CT said...

I tried your Vonnage on my drive in this AM and was pleasantly surprised to have Natalia answer but sad to hear that she was home sick from school. I hope she is better so that all of you can go on the boat trip tomorrow with her school on Victory Day.

I don't remember your having snow this late in the spring in past years.

Soon the white puffy pollen will be there from all the female trees.

ourboysourlives said...

our Chicago weather is so much like your weather...I did the clothing thing last night....moved the shorts and short sleeves and cool night pj's in...you know we will have to put the heat on at least one more night before summer is actually here...

Anonymous said...

crazy weather in iowa too - it snowed last week for a bit, and lots of severe storms and very windy - i truly dislike all the wind.....

miss you!
jeannie

HRH said...

Snow? That is crazy. Hang in there...

Nataliya said...

Yup, we have it similar in upstate NY. Though it didn't snow in the last several weeks, but still it was weird going from 40 to 80 and back in days!

Sorry about your "quick" trip to the gym!

Annie said...

I hope the weather was lovely - as well as the cruise! How I wish I were in Moscow! The temperature is usually a LOT like Michigan, oddly.