Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Finally Getting It Right!

Many of you might remember this billboard encouraging Russians to adopt; I blogged about it back in March. It creeped most Russians out and certainly didn't do much to influence Russians' negative opinion about adoption.

NOW, however, I think someone nailed it. Check out these wonderful ads! I've spotted them all over the city, often paired together. This big billboard is my favorite: "Perhaps YOU Will Become His Mom?" The baby is adorable... (I'm not sure why he seems to have an orange spot on his head in my picture; it's not there on the actual billboard).


This poster on a bus stop loosely translates as: "Welcome Me into Your Family!!!" That boy is so sweet... Let's just hope Russian families are as moved by these ads as I've been...

4 comments:

ourboysourlives said...

Let's hope the Russians read them and respond to them because they are great

Rachael said...

very interesting...

Rachael said...

now, if they could just fix the problems that result in so many "orphans" in the first place...

Annie said...

And if they can keep these families from being as financially motivated as so many US foster families.... Frankly, that's what scares me.