Monday, June 2, 2008

If You're Stuck in Traffic...

...sometimes there's at least a nice view!

Not bad, eh? I had to exchange a pair of pants for Chris this afternoon at the Columbia (so cool they're here!!!) store today. I know, I know... We'd already had such an eventful morning; why on earth run such an errand in the afternoon?! Well, you only have two weeks to make returns/exchanges in Russia, so I had no choice but go since today was my 14th day since purchase.

It took THREE HOURS to go there, exchange the pants and come home. Of all the places to end up being stuck in traffic, however, I'll pick the bridge in front of the Kremlin any day!

8 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Sometimes taking the subway is better, isn't it because of the traffic jams?

That is a beautiful sight though and you have the Moscow River on your right.

Meredith Teagarden said...

What a view though!

pearly1979 said...

Amazing!

Annie said...

And you can come home to blog about it - you definitely have inner fiber!

Natalie said...

We went to see the Redbull Air Races held in Detroit this weekend, but we had to go to the Canadian side because tickets were sold out on the American side. We were only 20 min. across the border, yet it took us 4 hours to go that far! It was terrible, we didn't want to stay in Canada forever! And Canada is so expensive these days! I was laughing at my friend who only had cash when he went through line at taco bell and got back a lot of canadian cash..only because 'Where do you spend it'? The guy behind us in line piped up..."our money is worth more than yours these days" oh my goodness, my friend shot back..."we have a bigger army" lol, it was pretty funny when he hung his head and agreed. Waiting in traffic is so boring and terribly frustrating, until you come to the realization that your day is not going to amount to anything better anymore, and your not going anywhere any time soon. Once you allow yourself to acknoledge that, you can just relax!

Natalie said...

ps, your new blog header is really cute.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is a nice place to be sitting in the traffic.
And Natalie, I had the same feeling in London in April - do I have to multiply THAT price by 2( to get to dollars from pounds)?
Olga

HRH said...

OMG. That is crazy. Mail order returns are faster...

I love your new look. I have been reading you from my reader and not getting the full view! Beautiful.