Tuesday, June 24, 2008

No Wonder It's So Hard to Sleep...

Edited at bottom.

I took these next pictures while writing my last post...

On a regular old weekday night... At 11:30 p.m.

This is what I heard and then saw when I leaned to look out the window.



We have them ALL THE TIME. They have largely lost their appeal and are now mostly a real pain. Katya actually snarls, "I hate fireworks!" since they often keep us up at night.

They go off at any hour, on any day, as soon as the snow melts.

Joy!

(My cousin was so surprised when they kept going off on Saturday night! Yes, you're not in America anymore!)

Olga: I don't know what the occasion was... We have fireworks so often that we have no idea why... Sometimes for wedding celebrations, sometimes for Russian holidays, sometimes just because people feel like doing it and the police don't do anything about noise at night... (Well, they might, but they're obviously easily bribed).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What are they for?
Olga