Tuesday, June 24, 2008

So Hard to Say "Adios" & "Tschüs"!


Once upon a time, three years ago, there were three little princesses who were in the same preschool class. One from Argentina, one from Sweden and Germany, and one from America. They were inseparable for the two years they were classmates, even sharing their birthday party.

Then they spread to different schools, but remained friends. So did all the moms. We were a fun threesome... And now it's time to say good-bye... Our German/Swedish friends left on Monday... We leave in a few days and by the time we return, our other friends will have returned to Argentina...


We gathered last weekend for a last "hurrah" at the Swedish embassy, an amazing little enclave of greenery in the midst of the city's center. We've spent so many sunny afternoons on that patio, the kids jumping on that trampoline and running up and down the hills...


We'll really miss them. It's hard being the ones who stay behind...

4 comments:

ourboysourlives said...

I hope that you can meet new friends very soon..maybe the outgoing can let the incoming in on the cool friends..

Tina in CT said...

Have they moved back to Argentina and Germany for good or just for the summer?

MoscowMom said...

They're all moving back for good.

Annie said...

You know, I have thought that, too. Somehow "being left behind" makes you feel really pathetic. I recall moving one time, and my dear friend saying that. I didn't understand until I had friends move away. I suppose it is because their grass MUST be greener. Well, I think YOUR grass is MUCH greener. MUCH, MUCH greener. Can you tell I am chafing at the bit for more "interest" than Lansing offers?