Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Halfway There! (With a Yummy Blue Carrot)

Writing from the Mac store again...

Still no computer. (Chris is ordering it to get his corporate discount via the internet; I'll have it some time next week). 

So why, you might wonder, am I at the Mac store AGAIN?

Ah-hah... Because I had a little aqua blue "carrot" dangling in front of me as I ran today.... 

Dangling to entice me to push myself more than I'd ever done...

I bet myself that if I could run 6.25 miles/10.15 kilometers today, I would get an ipod to use while in America.  That's pretty much half of the Half Marathon! And I wasn't "dying" at the end.

A-MAZING what an incentive will do...!!!

So now I have my wonderful little ipod... And the Nike + ipod running sensor. (I'll write more about that once I have more time). I have no MUSIC, mind you, since I have no computer... But at least I can now track my runs through the Nike sensor. I'll download some music at a friend's house this weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are taking Connecticut hills at a stride!
Watch out for the air quality reports. Lately I hear a lot of warnings of bad air quality and high ozone levels.
Olga

Rachael said...

OK, officially I'm taking a blogging break (grounding myself until I get some chores accomplished and get through my rough work week!) but... breaking my rule to tell you: YEAH! Good for you! Over 6 miles!! You can definitely do the 1/2 marathon. You rock.

MamaPoRuski said...

I think it would take more than an ipod for me to run that much now! You are truly an inspiration!

Cindy Niles said...

I've been searching for Russian fabric and then there was the perfect fabric pictured on your blog! How can I get some of this beautiful fabric??