Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Asleep at the Wheel," continued...

Natalia woke up this morning on the couch since I had been afraid to move her to her bed. (When I had tried, she had started to wake up, so I just let her sleep there instead). 

The poor kid thought she had been doing homework all night long!!!!! She didn't realize that I had taken away the workbooks and tucked her in. It's still very dark here until 7:30 a.m., so she was a also a bit disoriented. 

"Mom-my? Oh, it's just sooo hard! I had so much homework that I did it all night long! Spelling and reading and writing and spelling and..."

I then showed her that she had not only finished her assigned homework, but she had also gone ahead in the books. She then beamed, jumped up, and said:

"Doing homework while asleep is just the best!"

We'll see how that works in years to come...!

4 comments:

Tina in CT said...

How sweet! Too bad homework does not get done while asleep (same for housework).

MamaPoRuski said...

I don't know Tina, I distinctly remember two years of haze as I worked and went to college full time. I got straight A's one semester and don't remember a thing from those classes! Looks like she'll do just fine!

Tami said...

Hey! She's got a head start on the whole college experience. Staying up late - doing homework - not remembering a thing! :)

emmalogdahl said...

Hi, I'm a student from the states currently studying here in Moscow. I stumbled upon your blog and I couldn't help but notice that a few posts back you had a picture of your table with pumpkins on it. I was curious- where did you find those pumpkins?! As Halloween is drawing near I would love to carve one but I've looked around where I live and there are none to be found. Any suggestions?