Thursday, October 16, 2008

Golden Autumn

"Self Portrait"

That's what they call the period of fall foliage here. "Золотой Осень." Two weeks ago I quickly visited Moscow State University and Sparrow Hills to take some pictures before the leaves are all on the ground. 


The white birch trees look so beautiful when framed by the orange and gold leaves. Here are some paths on the university campus. 


Universitetsky Prospect, the main road behind the university, was beautiful that day, too. I love driving along it; the rows of birch trees make me feel as if I've driven far away from the congestion of the city.


3 comments:

Rachael said...

Gorgeous pictures.

The leaves are peaking here right now too. I wish I had the photography skill: everything is just gorgeous here, it is begging to be photographed!

Anonymous said...

Our leaves are coming nicely too. We have more red and just a little of gold. Do you have maples in Moscow?
I remember in Leningrad we had a lot of maples, which will turn red in the autumn.
Vasha zolotaya osen is much shorter than ours - the listopad is coming too soon.
Olga

Tina in CT said...

Beautiful pics but it can't compare to fall in New England.

Your prejudious mother