Sunday, October 26, 2008

In the Hot Seat: Natalia

My friend Rachael came up with idea of periodically filming her kids while they answered a rapid-fire survey. The questions are written to give you an idea of Natalia's current favorite things; they also will one day serve as a pop culture time capsule of October 2008... 



Katya has been gone this weekend at a her friend's dacha; I'll film her soon. It has been wonderful to have time alone with Natalia! I think I almost yelped, "SURE, TAKE HER!" over the phone when her friend's mom called on Friday to ask if Katya could spend Friday and Saturday nights with them... It's not that I don't love both my kids, but I relish the rare opportunities for alone time with each of them...

4 comments:

garnet said...

This is so cute! I'd love to do this with my daughter. In fact I'd been dreaming about doing a "Turning eight" interview where I just ask her basic things about herself. (I dreamt of doing that at three, too, but it never happened!) I'm afraid, though, that if I posed these sort of questions I'd never get answers. She will *never* commit to having a favorite. Her favorite color: all the colors of the rainbow. Her favorite food: she likes all food the same. Rather frustrating. But, I might give it a try if I could ever find a spare minute. Not that I'd ever be able to post it using our slow internet provider.

Rachael said...

So cute! So hard to choose, huh?

The thing I love most about these types of interviews is the little time capsule element of it. It's fun to come up with the questions, isn't it?! I try to throw in a few silly questions to catch them off guard and see their reaction, but since we've been playing this game off camera for a few months now, they don't bat much of an eyelash at the off-the-wall stuff anymore.

And, I can't believe she chose broccoli over apples!

Anonymous said...

Can not help it, have to say the same thing -it is so cute!
Broccoli over apples!
And writing over reading!
The girl knows what she likes.
Olga

Tina in CT said...

Bummer! It doesn't come up either at home or at work.