Saturday, October 18, 2008

"No, thanks..."

  

There's an exhibit at the Kremlin right now featuring British fashion from the 18th and 19th centuries, on loan from the Victoria and Albert Museums in Kensington. I'd like to go with the girls; I think they would enjoy it! They would certainly recognize clothing that their colonial American Girl dolls wear...

I told Natalia all about it, in a very enthusiastic tone. She thought for a minute, raised an eyebrow, and asked:

"Will I get to try it all on?"

Um, no. And I told her so.

"No, thanks!" (Well, it was actually, "Um, no...")

I'll probably still get them to go, though. 

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

With Natalia and Katya and their love of clothes, Natalia's comment doesn't surprise me at all. I am sure the girls will enjoy the exhibit once they are there even though it's look and don't touch.

Anonymous said...

Tina,
you know, I think that "look, but don't touch" may be good for children - it may ignite their imagination and make the perception of the things they see sharper.
We did not manage to get to Victoria and Albert Museum when we were in London in April, and I still feel sorry about it ( among million other things we did not menage to see).
Olga

Tina in CT said...

Olga,

You are so right.

I never got to that museum many years ago when Tami's father and I were in London for a few days.