Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sad News

Smokey, the kitten I rescued two weeks ago, didn't make it. He died on Wednesday. Because of my work schedule and traffic patterns in the city, I planned to go fetch him from the rabies quarantine clinic this morning -- and bring him to a different veterinary clinic. 

If only I hadn't had parent/teacher conferences this week after school! Then I could have fetched him earlier and he might have made it. I feel horrible! 

It's quite upsetting to know that had the rabies clinic been willing to sew up his tail and treat the infections in his eyes and tail, he would most likely have lived!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh, poor thing. That is sad. Hope the girls aren't taking it too hard.

Tami said...

How awful. I'm so sorry he didn't make it. Give the girls an extra hug for us.

Annie said...

That is really heart-breaking. I cannot imagine why they wouldn't work on him. Now THAT is an advantage of living in the USA. I'll sacrifice my accustomed groceries, but that story really did have me upset - both from the point of view of poor Smokey's health, and in contemplation of the relationship between police and policed. I hope the girls aren't too upset.

Carolynn and Steve said...

Oh, Tamara, I am SO sorry...
Our beloved Asher died Thursday. It is a comfort that we were with him when he went to sleep for the last time, but it is still very hard and he leaves a very big hole in our little family. I'm sorry to hear that Smokey didn't make it, and I know that after all you went through it must be hard to hear.