Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sixth Photo from My Sixth File


Tami put out a challenge this week to post the sixth photo from your sixth file on your computer. Since I only got my computer in July, the photos are all pretty recent! (Our desktop computer in Moscow crashed while we were in America and it has yet to be fixed -- so I can copy all those pictures to my Mac laptop). 

This picture was taken on July 4th, at Old Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts. It's a living museum about American life in the early 1800's; we love, love, love it there! Here the girls are in the modern children's museum at the entrance, sporting their new caps (gotta love it when the gift shop stocks inexpensive items you would actually love to have!) and milking a fake cow. I'm glad that the girls are so interested in American history; it makes it much easier to help them grow up culturally American despite living in Russia.

Just last night we had a "Colonial" tea party during our family movie night...

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Cute photo. Isn't that the same place our moms went to this summer?

Tina in CT said...

Rachel,

Yes it is. I want to go back again this fall for the day.

I am done with OSV July 4th scrapbooks from our day there this summer. One for me and one for Tami and the girls. I just have some journaling to do.

Tami said...

Thanks for playing along! Fun, wasn't it? Love the picture of the girls. Too cute! :)

Annie said...

They are so cute. Thank you for sharing.