Monday, October 6, 2008

Wishing Smokey Were Here...


The kitten I rescued last week is still hanging on in the bare-bones rabies quarantine clinic...

I'll be able to go rescue him on Wednesday, provided I can find a veterinarian willing to provide him with the basic care he needs before it would be safe to bring him home.

He needs to be dipped for fleas, have his conjunctivitis treated, and have his torn tail sewn up. 

Then he'll be ours, ours until we can find a loving home for him! 

It's unfortunate that it's proving to be so hard to find a clinic that will treat him... But... He has survived this long, against great odds... I have faith.


5 comments:

EasterApril said...

Those cats of yours are absolutely beautiful!!

Tina in CT said...

I'm soooo glad that the kitten is surviving. Too bad that he can't understand that help is coming. Why won't anyone care for him when he is proven not to have rabies? Bribe someone - it's the Russian way!

The cats look so cute snuggled up together.

Rachael said...

Your cats are SO cute! They look very snuggly too.

Poor little Smokey. I hope he makes it!

Annie said...

Oh, that last photo is nearly unbearable! I want to snuggle into that comforter and bury my face in that sweet, warm fun SOOOOOO badly!

Christine said...

Your cats are beautiful. I hope Smokey makes it.