Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lazy Saturday Morning


I love unstructured Saturday mornings. Some families here participate in the English-speaking community soccer, basketball and baseball leagues on Saturdays, but it just hasn't been in the cards for us (yet). We all have such busy weeks that we need the downtime. 

I'm pretty sick with bronchitis, so Natalia and I are snuggling (except for when I'm blogging). The cats love it when we just lay around, as you can plainly see!

Natalia has pleaded for Santa to bring her a new doll bed this year... It doesn't take a genius to figure out who is going to make the most use of it!


Yup, her head is on the pillow and she's snuggling Molly's dog, Bennett..

Olga: You had asked how we keep our cats so fluffy -- they wash each other every day. It's so sweet! We shampooed Lyalya once after he escaped last spring and got trapped under the elevator shaft. I'm thinking of shampooing them both again, though... They're coats are a bit oily and they don't smell as sweet as they used to.

About the escaping, though... Lyalya, despite being neutered, is intent on escaping from our apartment... He has shot through our legs four times in the past day... He just LOOKS at you with squinted eyes as if to say, "Yeah, just TRY to stop me..." and then STREAKS by you before you can catch him. Bronchitis and all, I pulled an old soccer goalie move and tackled him last night. I stopped him that time, but the others... 

It's scary. We can't always have him shut in a room. He's desperate to leave, meowing and hiding in the entryway to get out... Katya is really upset about it.

8 comments:

Tina in CT said...

That is a big problem with his always trying to get out. You'd think the scare he had last spring would have cured him. How about having a spray bottle near the door and every time he goes near it, to spray him in the face?

Natalia and L look so sweet on the couch. I wish my puppy would just curl up peacefully with me like Streusel did.

Sheryl said...

Is is possible to take him out on a cat walk. LOL. No, I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist.

Anonymous said...

Yours are really adorable cats ( I have terrible allergy to cats) so it means something coming from me.
My son got a cat when he was 13, long story, but we ended up having this cat, Barsick, for 13 years. Our original idea was to have him as an inside cat, but it did not last too long. The little kitten was standing on his hind legs against the french doors meowing so desperately, that we gave up the idea in a couple of days.
We had an advantage of fully fenced back yard then.
Olga

Carey and Norman said...

Loving the cat in the bed pictures. Those are great!!

Natalie said...

I LOVE those pictures! How adorable, all of them! I want a lazy Tuesday morning!

Annie said...

I thought we were going to get Daily Photo Moscow! Promises, promises....

Anonymous said...

Tamara,
what are you going to do for Thanksgiving?
Olga

garnet said...

Beautiful picture of Natalia -- though sad it looks as if she's not feeling so great.

Love the cats on the beds.