Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Unbelievable

Picture a class of seniors standing around their teacher, shouting her name in unison.

The teacher, meanwhile, is too engrossed in an episode of Grey's Anatomy* on her ipod to even realize that the bell has rung and the break is over -- that her students have encircled her -- and that they're even shouting her name...

Then she looks up, startled, and the class bursts out laughing.

Yeah. A teacher watching TV in class and the students having to shout at her to teach them something...

Unbelievable. I'd never have thought it was possible until it happened to me... 

Grey's Anatomy Cast - greys-anatomy photo

*Yup, Rachael... Now you've gotten me hooked on Grey's, too... I'd never seen it since it started after we'd moved to Russia. After reading about it on and off in your blog for the last year, I decided to get the first season from Itunes... Now I'm into Season 3... LOVING IT! Oh... Incidentally, my "fairy godmother" (see my last post) told me that a friend of ours here is the sister-in-law of the actress who plays Addison...

5 comments:

Rachael said...

It sucks you in, doesn't it?!

Tina in CT said...

You're watching a TV show on the tiny Ipod screen? That must be different as it's so small.

Annie said...

I honestly watch no TV except for Masterpiece Theatre. Just one of the sacrifices I've made to be a working "mother of many".... I did see one episode of "House" one time, and wished I could have seem more.... I guess some day I'll have time for TV. First, though, I want time to read. I NEVER planned on THAT level of sacrifice.

Susan said...

I have a love hate relationship with Greys Anatomy..I like medical shows, but having worked in a hospital for 25+ years, I know all that stuff doesnt really happen.
I love that its in Seattle.
Check out Katherines latest blog. She talks about a "sling" something.
They are going to try it from our tv after they are all there.
You sound like a great teacher:)

Bethany Stewart said...

Wow, my family makes fun of me for it, but I own seasons 1-4 on dvd!
(didn't much care for season 4, but season 5 is coming along quite well!) :-)
While I am not truly a tv addict, I do buy the few shows that I really like when they are on dvd- my favourite is either Grey's or my Golden Girls!