Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Big Night, Bright Lips


The dad of one of Katya's classmates is a famous pop singer here. Amina, our babysitter, had been beside herself on the first day of school when she spotted him in the crowd -- and then saw that his daughter was standing next to Katya. 

When I learned that he would be having a really big concert, I splurged on tickets for Katya, me and the babysitter (happy holidays!). 

We looked forward to the concert for a month and a half... And then I got sick and couldn't even go! Oh, well... I gave my ticket to another family from the class who needed an extra one and Katya and Amina giddily headed out for their special evening together.

Katya was SO excited, all dressed up for the occasion. Just as they were about to leave, Natalia ran up to her and asked her stand still for a minute. She then put lipstick on her big sister and told her to rub her lips together! Once this was done, Natalia declared, "Marvelous! Now you can go! Ta-ta!" (You can see how shiny K's lips are in the picture above... Normally I'd object to colored gloss on her, but I didn't have the heart to detract from Natalia's kind gesture). 

It was so incredibly sweet! My girls are SUCH girls...

As for the concert, they had a fantastic time. I'm sure there will be another concert sometime soon...

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I'm sure both of them had a great time. I see that Katya has one of her stuffed animals but what else is she holding?

That was so sweet of Natalia to put the tinted lip gloss on Katya.

Tami said...

How sweet! It sounds like tons of fun.

garnet said...

How horrible to get sick. Hope Katya had a great time.