Monday, December 22, 2008

Getting to America, Part 3

So, you saw that we had a wonderful impromptu reunion with dear, old friends... Our kids had so much fun during the mere hour and half they had together before we had to leave for the airport...

They came up with presents to share with each other, playing as if it hadn't been a year and a half since they last saw each other...

Ian brought us to the airport, showed us the short-cuts to checking in (he's a pro at it since he travels every week for business), and then we had fun making our way to the gate. Oh, the delight of Bath & Body Works with a big $3 sale! And panda headbands from the zoo shop... Here the girls are decked out as bears holding the bamboo they picked from our friends' yard.


Ran into a high school classmate (Allison) with her family...

Then we boarded. And realized that there had been some kind of consideration shown us after the previous day's flight fiasco. Notice anything?


For example, the fact that the girls were seated in front of me? In BIG seats? Yup! We were in rows 1 and 2 of First Class! NICE.

Just for the record, however... Without me next to them to help out, Natalia spilled her drink all over herself, her seat, and it seeped onto my bag -- all within five minutes of sitting down. It was transparent Sprite, so I didn't really care! She wore her pajama bottoms the rest of the way.

So... The flight was great and we arrived... But my clothing still hasn't. It was supposed to be delivered at 6:30 last night, but it's now 6:30 a.m. and I still don't have any pants, socks or underwear... Not to mention my dressy clothing, sweats or exercise clothing...

I'm forcing myself to not freak out, trusting it'll get here...

6 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I can't believe your bag was lost. You purposely did not advance check in the bags at the airport on Sat. night for the Sun. morning flight for that reason. At least you can borrow clothes from Carole.

Panda headbands are adorable.

You should demand first class seats for your return to Moscow from JFK for all the grief Delta has given you on this trip!

The girls will never want to fly coach after first class.

I assume you mean Allison V. from MPS. Small world.

Carey and Norman said...

Wow, what a trip. I'm glad you've made it safely. I know after venturing through the Moscow domestic and international airports, I'll never complain about travel again :o) Ha. Glad your trip went well and were able to experience first class on one leg.

Our daughter loves the little pet shop toys too for church!

Merry Christmas.

Tami said...

Wow! What an adventure. Hope you have a much smoother visit than the trip over...and that your clothes arrive soon! :)

Natalie said...

Wait... an excuse to not exercise and an excuse to buy new clothes...I'm confused, this is a bad thing? lol. I guess Christmas is not a very fun time to think about yourself, but they still could have been, afterall, new clothes!

Anonymous said...

I am with Natalie at least on the new clothes subject.
Olga

Annie said...

I let my children have Diet Sprite or 7-up. No sticky, no stain.