Thursday, December 11, 2008

Good Bye, Hello...


Last month Bravo, my in-laws' beloved golden retriever, died of cancer... We loved that darn dog so much and it was very sad to lose him... As you can see, he was really quite a good sport about having a house full of little girls... 

I will never forget his keen intellect and love for the family. He "made the rounds" of the house every night, checking on every single person to make sure he or she was OK. He would enter every room, listen to your breathing for a bit, and when satisfied -- move on. 

He and Beatrice were also the best of friends...



We were so glad to hear that my in-laws weren't going to delay in sharing their love and home with a new puppy! Yesterday this precious little pup, Henry, joined the family:


You can bet that all Christmas gifts this year will get immediately put away before they're devoured!

Welcome to the family, Henry! John and Carole: I think the kids will still call you Grandma and Grandpa Bravo, however... 

7 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I know the pain of losing a beloved pet who is like a baby. Welcome to Henry who is adorable. If he's a chewer like Liesel, good luck.

I'm still Grandma Streusel and will always think of John and Carole as Grandpa and Grandma Bravo.

Rachael said...

Oh, so sad about Bravo.

Our Calvin is coming down with many age related illnesses and I can't even bear the thought of losing him.

Henry looks like a ball of trouble! We have Carl, a yellow lab/golden mix and he is an awesome dog now, but man, was he a chewer as a pup. Henry looks like an angel though.... (hehe)

Annie said...

Better them than me. I have sworn off puppies....however cute (and that one is adorable!) But between the pottying, and chewing, and "accidents". I'll take a nice "teenaged" dog!

Anonymous said...

Adorable puppy!
I bet Katya and Natasha can not wait to play with him.
Olga

Natalie said...

So sad! I just don't understand why dogs don't live as long as we do.
I can't stand the thought of Walter getting old!
The new puppy is so cute though. We had a Henry when we were kids. He was soo naughty, hope that isn't a sign! lol. Oh... that was an adorable video.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Bea. Bravo Pooch was very good to you and good to see you being good to him. I wasn't long ago that Bravo was bringing you home. A great pooch sorely missed.

garnet said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about their loss. I have a relative who recently lost a pet (and may lose another one soon) and it was very hard. Hope the new little one brings them lots of good distraction.