Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just Another Day in Moscow...

(edited)

As we walked down the Arbat to meet friends for lunch today, look who  -- um -- walked past us...


The craziest part? Most people didn't even notice! My kids didn't even think it was weird, thank goodness... (Wait! Or is that worse??!)... 

That's Moscow for you... My fellow expat mom blogger at The Beet Goes On (cool name, huh?) has had an equally interesting week here; how about people pooping in public or ferrets in the subway?  

I posted this because it wasn't obviously some type of perverse thing. I couldn't tell if the doll was cast plastic or blown up, but it seemed awkward enough to carry... Despite her not wearing underwear, the rest of the doll's surface was solid (I think you know what I mean) -- so I'm thinking mannequin. Even in Moscow, I'd sure have been surprised to see a "doll" for other purposes being paraded down the main pedestrian street in broad daylight... 

6 comments:

Jes said...

Stumbled onto your blog and really enjoyed it! Moscow looks fascinating, and your family is gorgeous!

Carolynn and Steve said...

Yep. Good ol' Moscow. Great picture! I have great memories of the babushkas who were selling girlie magazines outside the Metro stations. This one...just makes me smile! Thanks!

Tina in CT said...

Is this the only girlfriend he could find?

Sure is different from your life here in the suburbs in Southern New England.

The Expatresse said...

Was that a mannequin or a blow up doll . . . too funny.

Thanks for the mention, too.

garnet said...

She looks cold . . .

garnet said...

She looks cold . . .