Thursday, February 5, 2009

Be Patient...

While I experiment with my "look"...

Added later on...

I personally have NO clue how to write html, so I'm stuck using free blog template designs that work effortlessly with Blogger. The first one I tried came from "thecutestblogontheblock";  I wish I could make their margins narrower, and I'd love to have been able to play with colors/patterns... But free is free, and I don't want to pay a designer...

If you happened to see my blog while I kept changing it, the white "flourishes" on the plaid template I tried couldn't be removed, and I ended up not keeping it because it was too hard to read.

The girls hate the red/white/blue color scheme, but I'll give it a whirl... It seems more appropriate.

OK... Edited again later... I found more free designs at this site. I'll need to go back there to find the directions when I try to change my html back to what it originally was!

8 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Like this the best as I love US flag and red, white and blue!

The Expatresse said...

Oh! Don't tell my girls you have scooters here! They miss theirs sooooo.

Svetlana said...

I love your layout!!!
Did you make it?
Sveta

Carolynn and Steve said...

I like the new layout too...and I meant to tell you, I LOVED the pictures of Novodevichy in the snow (the girls' picture in front of it reminded me). I used the convent as a case study for my doctoral research, and it was and still is one of my favorite places to ramble when I'm there. I didn't get to visit there this summer, even though I was only a couple of blocks away. Thank you so much for giving me a convent "fix".
Carolynn

Rachael said...

It looks great!

Tina in CT said...

There are two white lines on the bottom shooting up that make it harder to read if you could remove them.

Tina in CT said...

I vote for the plaid and stars.

Christine said...

I like it! How did you get two pictures in the header?