Friday, February 6, 2009

Hmmm... Just an Idea...

Are there any nice English-speaking families who read my blog out there looking to host a Russian girl or boy from the ages of 12 to 15? 

I've had many parents ask me for help finding a place for their children to go this summer... A place where not only could they improve their English, but also make good friends and learn about the local culture.

Just a thought...

I also know of a LOVELY nineteen-year-old law student who is eager to stay with a family and do any kind of work possible -- babysitting, helping out a camp, whatever... She is SO smart, has experience with children, and is just the nicest young woman...

(And, I should add, I'd *really* love to find a family that could host my student who is going through all this trouble after being attacked so other teens could steal his iphone -- see other posts from this week. He's only 15, yet he's graduating this year! He's such a NICE kid, really smart, and he would add such joy and a sense of humor to any family... He's the kind of kid I would throw open my arms and welcome into my home. Honest, responsible, kind, hard-working...)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What exactly would be involved/required? Can you give us more info?

David & Jodi said...

We would be interested to know a little more as well.

kristin said...

Sounds cool. I wish we had a little more room. We have about 1000 sq foot house in the Boston area and only some room in the basement (finished). What a great idea!

FaerieMama said...

I'm VERY interested! I have actually been investigating several hosting programs, but none of them had Russian students on ther list! My daughter is from russia. She is 16, but is much more like 12, socially and emotionally. I'd be very interested in hosting...let me nkow what else you need to know :)