Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Let's Skate to the Hospital!


Check out the sidewalk I had to use to get to the hospital yesterday! I would have been able to skate most of the way there! Check it out up close: thick and bumpy!


I kept chuckling, thinking of my orthopedic surgeon father-in-law... He used to joke that they iced the steps near the office to bring in more patients... I'd have suspected such motives if this hospital didn't specialize in eye care!

This building nearby was so pretty. It's fascinating to see the mix of architecture from over the centuries... This building was standing long before the Russian Revolution, and here it is being used in contemporary times... 


Even the service entrance in the back is cool!


6 comments:

Tina in CT said...

No wonder people drink so much there. During the long winter, it's a risk to life and limbs to venture out to go to work or do daily things.

Anonymous said...

May this hospital shares patients with orthopedic one?
Olga

Annie said...

I LOVE that building....as you can imagine.

The sidewalk is interesting but precisely what I'd expect in Russia....the land without lawsuits. Apparently. Sometimes that's nice. It certainly keeps pedestrians awake.

Christine said...

Wow, I'm surprised you haven;'t broken your neck like I would've by now walking on those sidewalks covered in snow. Take care!

Tina in CT said...

Call me about CM order as my acct. #'s changed today. - Mom

Anonymous said...

now all you need to do is add "sky-high" stilletos the ladies wear, even in winter, and you'd hurt yourself for sure....i still have no idea as to how they maneuver like they do...or why...

miss you!
jeannie