Saturday, February 7, 2009

Look Out Below!


I was putting a bag of trash out on the balcony when some snow landed on my head... And I realized that the workers were up on the roof pushing all the snow off and breaking up icicles. (People here die every winter when they're impaled by icicles. Impale. Cool word, horrible death...)

Can you even IMAGINE having that job??! How dangerous it must be up on the roof -- and there sure aren't safety standards here... Not to mention I'm sure the workers don't have workers' compensation insurance, disability insurance or life insurance!

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Can you clear up the black spots on the white area?

garnet said...

Wow! Do they give any kind of warning before all that comes crashing down?

Annie said...

My children would probably VOLUNTEER for it - they are obsessed.