Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Blog Is In Aeroflot's Current Inflight Magazine!

Whaddayaknow?

I learned from seeing a link in my visitor pages that quotes from my blog entry about Natalia's birthday party at school last December are included in this month's Aeroflot inflight magazine! (Could be January or February, actually...) In the section "English Summary," they quoted five expat blogs about life in Moscow -- and this is the first I've learned that I'm one of them! 

I've searched online in vain for a copy of the magazine... If any of my Moscow friends who read my blog happen upon a copy, let me know!

I'm guessing that this was what they quoted: 

A nice part of Russian birthdays, however, is how the children all make "toasts" to the birthday girl or boy, standing up and wishing them things such as "growing up healthy and tall," "all straight A's in school," "having many friends," "never getting your feelings hurt by other kids," "being happy," etc. You can kind of picture these same kids twenty years from now doing the same with a shot glass of vodka or some champagne! It's SO Russian..

Hmmm... Does this get me any excess luggage allowance on my next flight???!

9 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Forget the extra baggage allowance. After reading about the drunk pilot and other horrors with Aeroflat on The Beet Goes On last week, I hope NONE of you EVER fly Aeroflat!!!!!!

Your mother

P.S. Cool about your blog being in the inflight magazine. Why not give them a call or email them?

Tina in CT said...

It should have been drunken and not drunk.

Rachael said...

Hey, you're famous!

That's kind of cool!

Tami said...

How cool is that?! I know somebody famous!!! :)

The Expatresse said...

Kudos!

You have a reputation in the blog-o-sphere for having good information about things to do in Moscow, especially with kids. I have seen references to your blog in a few places now.

garnet said...

That is so cool! How fun to becoming famous. Hope you get a copy. Though, I must confess that I'm rather with your mother and not sure I'd exactly want to fly them.

Josefina said...

Haha! I wish I would've thought of that first - that we'll get more excess luggage on our next flights if they keep qouting our blogs ;)So who of us should give them a call about that?

I really like your blog - keep posting away!

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read the article. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.