Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Of Course...

It's 10:10 on a school night, and after only getting five hours of sleep last night, I tried to go to bed early...

But there are LOUD fireworks near enough to us that you can certainly hear them, and *I* sure can't sleep through them... (And neither, as I can now hear the footsteps, can my kids...)

WHAT IS IT WITH MUSCOVITES AND THEIR FIREWORKS? 

They use them ALL THE TIME, at such random hours, on such random days...

Grumble. Grumble. 

THIS is why my kids and I are so utterly unpatriotic in America on July 4th when everyone else is so excited about fireworks...

2 comments:

Susan said...

Greeks in Greece are the same way. We went to a village wedding this past May, and they had fireworks when the couple walked out of the church.
Kinda took away from the couple I thought!

Anonymous said...

That is interesting. Years ago, when I was a child, we only had fireworks for 7th of November and the Victory Day (9th of May), as far as I could remember. They must be overcompensating now.
By the way, we saw "The Ballet Shoes" the other day - it is very nice movie, we enjoyed it.
Olga