Monday, February 16, 2009

What a Bummer...

(A title that is appropriate on multiple levels...)

So... You're running around at full-speed to get out the door to work on a Monday. You've managed to get both kids dressed and fed, you've showered, your hair and make-up are done, you're all dressed, your bag is packed for work, you've seen one kid to the bus and you've walked the other to school... Your mind is racing knowing you'll work all day, then have Parent-Teacher Conferences, then your once-monthly book club until 11 p.m....

(Caught your breath yet?)

So... All you have left to do is brush your teeth!

And... AACK! You realize that it might be nice to have a babysitter who could read English...

Because a tube of hemorrhoid cream should never be put in the cup next to the toothbrushes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did it taste?
Olga
PS As a small child (about5-6), I found a tube of cream in my elder and very fancy cousin - it said Pitatelnyi Cream (in English it will be Nourishing Cream, but it does not have the same literal meaning in English as in Russian). I was intrigued and thought that if I try just a little bit of it it will do no harm to the owner of the tube.
To know the result, just try any hand cream you have in the house. Preferably lanolin based .
Great disappointment for a small child.

Tina in CT said...

Euwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I bet you sure gave your teeth a good brushing and rinse with mouthwash after that!

The Expatresse said...

Oh. Dear.

Anonymous said...

oh tamara...you silly goose! i am with olga...what did it taste like? what color is your new toothbrush?

miss you!
jeannie

Carey and Norman said...

You're hilarious! I love how honest you are about the silly things that happen in life. I'm glad I'm not the only one that forgets or does things that are not normal. Too funny!

garnet said...

Did you really try it? At first I was thinking you just noticed it there. Now I'm not so sure . . .