Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Clawing My Way There...

(To myself)

"Two - more - days - until - school - vacation."

"Two - more - days."

"Two - more - days."

"Two - more - days."

The equivalent of a science fair project to advise, sucking up UNBELIEVABLE amounts of time, end-of-term assignments, grading, grade books, report card books, ETC., ETC.... 

It is MISERY! 

I'll be so tired come Friday... Our babysitter leaves today to visit her family in Dagestan until vacation is over and I'm guessing we'll eat cereal and live in a dump for a few days because I have no energy for ANYTHING else.

What a bummer that the break is only for one measly week... 

10 comments:

The Expatresse said...

Are you going somewhere?

Annie said...

I'd love about a month myself. Not like to get it. You have been through so much lately. I hope the week can be restful. Too bad your babysitter had to leave the same week - wouldn't it be nice to have some alone time, without work to do?

Tina in CT said...

Nothing wrong with cereal, scrambled eggs or P & B sandwiches.

Anonymous said...

i agree with your mother - *nothing* wrong at all with cereal... ; ) this is the voice of experience ; ) haha! stay tough, girlfriend!!!! you can do it!!!!

miss you!
jeannie

Carolynn and Steve said...

I feel your pain. Since I'm teaching 2 8-week classes online (back to back) instead of the regular 16 week class, I don't get a spring break. So I'm trying to take time as I can--but burn out is definitely here! Hang tough!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to say hi and that I am thinking about you!!!!! ~Donna

Tina in CT said...

With the time change, you must be done now for the day and starting March break! Yeah!

Sheryl said...

Do me a favor and Pleeease rest, I mean really rest. I taught fourth grade for two years. I did not have it as hard as you do and I remember that wiped out feeling.

kate said...

Hey, Tamara. Can't find your e-mail...

So I've got my kindle, but can't figure out how to have the books downloaded to my computer rather then sending them via whispernet--which doesn't work here. I e-mailed amazon, but didn't get a reply yet. How'd you manage it? Sending this to another kindle-in-Russia friend, so no pressure...

Tina in CT said...

Been trying to call.