Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Keet Keetredzh!

Tonight Katya noticed this movie in the video section of our grocery store! "Кит Киттредж, Загадка Американской Девочки." (It's the Russian version of the "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl" movie that came out last summer).

Well, whaddayaknow! She asked me if we could get it so she could lend it out to her Russian girlfriends, so they could know a little bit about her favorite stories. She's so excited to share it with them!

What a coincidence that we found this movie today, because she spent the whole day dressed as Kit, pretending to be a reporter. Natalia is Ruthie, of course, and they've been busy solving mysteries and planning stories.

8 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Wow, fantastic! American Girl moves into Russia! That will be fun for them to watch it in Russian and to share with their girlfriends. Now their friends will understand all about American Girl and the movies about the characters. Too bad the others are all made-for-TV so they won't be translated into Russian.

I bet Katya was some excited to see it.

I need to buy the one from AG to add to my Grandma collection. OK, I admit that I like watching them too and watched them even when the girls aren't visiting. It's all about US history.

Anonymous said...

That is a cute story!
Olga

Anonymous said...

Your girls are darling! How fun for them! I hope you are able to relax a little on your "Spring Break" :)

Take care, Donna

Natalie said...

THAT IS SO SWEET THAT SHE THOUGHT OF IT NOT FOR HERSELF, BUT FOR HER FRIENDS.

kristin said...

How exciting. Is is dubbed or in English? Is there a way to order it for the US and play it on the computer. My daughter likes to watch Peter Pan that way. Thank you.
Kristin

Elle J said...

Love this movie!

brainwracked said...

Hi, Tamara!

This is going to be completely off topic (sorry - I don't really know anything about this movie or the American Girl character).

It just occurred to me that ever since you posted that "YOU BLOG" message on my blog page I haven't heard from you.

I just hope it's not because you didn't think I replied to it :))). I wasn't sure where to post my big reply, so I chose my page.

It's not a big deal, though. Just thought I would check :))).

Melissa Q. said...

thanks for all the notes. We are excited about the clothes and the Madeline outfit!

I'll send you the video to your email accouint.

what are you guys up to for easter?