Saturday, April 18, 2009

Finally in Bed...


Tonight both girls ended up having a friend sleep over, kind of a scheduling misunderstanding, but OK nonetheless... 


I, however, am WIPED OUT. At least they're all in bed now! 


After fights broke out over who would get the flip out couch, NO ONE got it and the older two are sleeping in an IKEA tunnel.

I promise I won't make our blog-friend houseguests sleep in one when they come in a few weeks! (Unless they want to... We *will* be short on beds... But I have different solutions in the works!)

They all need to fall asleep, though, BEFORE I DO! I couldn't pull off their egg hunt last Sunday (due to an unexpected LATE Saturday night -- um, 10:30 p.m. -- return after thinking I was simply dropping Katya off at a 3 p.m. birthday party. Russia. Anyone outside of here must think this past sentence sounds insane; anyone here might just be nodding "uh-huh..."), so the Easter Bunny is supposed to come back tomorrow, on Russian Orthodox Easter, to finish up his stuff... 

Our egg hunts ROCK. Thirty-six clues all in verse, riddles, that lead them all over the house... It's the kids' FAVORITE tradition and I'll be da*ned if I miss a year...  

6 comments:

Tami said...

I remember reading your post about the hunt last year and thinking, 'that would be so cool to do. I should do that next year.'
And then I forgot!
Can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

Tina in CT said...

That explains why the phone rang and rang. You've had quite the night!

I guess you'll have two extra girls on the egg hunt in the morning. I'm sure they all will LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

We use inflatable mattresses when we run out of places for people to sleep(which is very fast, because we have very small house). They do work reasonably well and easy to store.
Olga

Annie said...

You never do anything half-way.

I thought of doing that sort of egg hunt this year, too... (and couldn't imagine where that idea came from!) but sadly, when you work for the church, your ability to actually celebrate Holy days with your family is more limited.

I never managed to put it together. That is our tradition for finding birthday presents, though.

The Expatresse said...

I have an inflatable bed, too . . . and a foot pump. Let me know if you need to borrow it!

Rachael said...

We will have to draw straws over the Ikea tunnel.