It's that time of year... Good friends are moving back to the USA... They'll leave behind many who will miss them dearly, a great nanny and a great car. Remember those posts about our Thanksgiving feasts smack in the center of Moscow? Well, these were our co-hosts! We're so sad to see them go!
Unrelated, but being added to this post, is a FAB apartment for a family in a SUPER area of the city's center.
The nanny is truly a gem, the car is a BARGAIN for Moscow, and the apartment really is that great.
We are looking to find our wonderful nanny/governess her next home, to start in June, when we are returning to the US. She has worked with us and our boys - now 8 and 6 - for over 2 years, and was a perfect andidote to a string of unsuccessful nanny hires.
A native Moscovite, a nurse by training and a mother of two (youngest entering teens, oldest working), Svetlana provides our kids with a rare combination of intellectual and physical development, as well as fun. She's disciplined and attentive in routines and activities, but not harsh and prefers to motivate with carrots, not sticks.
As she's worked in expat families, she is comfortable reaching an understanding with non Russian speaking parents.
If interested, pls contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or her directly at +7916-911-8777
Hyundai Sante feIf interested, please contact us by email email@example.com or her directly at +7916-911-8777
2.7 gls 4wd
Model year - 2001 (we bought in '04)
54-26 GL. RC: 110min. CCA-600A.
CCMF68L. 12V. 68AH.
Block motors -- 730-0292
Less than 45k km (only driven on weekends around Moscow).
Comes with winter tires.
Had always given us a good ride.
Priced to go, at $12,500.
Will become available end May.
- Frunzenskaya Embankment, 7 minutes from metro Frunzenskaya
- 105 square meters, 3 rooms (2 bedrooms, dining area, living room, kitchen, bathroom, high ceilings)
- Stalin-constructed building
- view of Moscow River from bedrooms and living room
- ample storage (this is not common in Moscow!)
- equipped for high-speed internet and cable
- air conditioning
- new windows
- dishwasher, new stove, new refrigerator, new washing machine/dryer (combined)
- nice renovation
- HD television, large screen
- partially furnished
- garage space optional
- near Gorky Park, Neskuchniy Sad, Sparrow Hills, MGU
- near Luzhniki sports complex, three playgrounds, Frunzenskaya metro and Children's Park
- good schools nearby, both public and private, Russian and British
- Rent negotiable... Check the listings for the the area with the the real estate agents in the city and you'll find that $4,500 would be VERY fair for the level of renovation and the incredible view.
- Very nice landlords