Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

This is what I had thought I'd be doing on Thursday:



"Sleeping Beauty" by the Bolshoi Ballet at the Kremlin Palace...

Instead, this was as close to "Sleeping Beauty" as I got. Sleeping, thank goodness, yes... Beauty? Eh, not so much...


I've been really worn down and sick. I've barely even looked at my computer in the past week and a half so I could just make it through each day. Our "so-called" vacation during the third week of March wasn't restful at all; I was either caring for sick kids, breaking up sibling fights, cooking/cleaning/doing laundry/running errands, or doing something with the kids. Then this past week was a regular work week, one when everyone expected me to be "bright eyed and bushy tailed" after the "restorative" holiday...

I was really disappointed about being too sick to go to the ballet... It was supposed to be a special family night and we haven't gone in years... But Natalia and I couldn't stop coughing and blowing our noses, not exactly kosher behavior for an evening performance! Katya was borderline sick and Chris was really tired, too... 

So I gave our tickets to four of the older teens we know from Maria's Children and they had an absolutely wonderful evening. We should do that more often... Both go the theater ourselves and treat those great teens, too!

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

That's a shame that the four of you were not up to going but the 4 teens from Maria's Children had a very special night which is wonderful.

Annie said...

It makes me happy to think of the teenagers going...but I'm sorry you're sick.

I have to say I feel so much the same way... Why did I foolishly think I'd have a "spring break"? I've been doing nothing all week but preparing this butter lamb/chocolate fundraiser....every waking moment. And THIS coming week, when it should be "light" work because the public school kids are on vacation and we will not have our Religious Education classes....any free time will all be swallowed up by the special Holy Week work. Of course working to make Holy Week special beats a lot of other things I could be doing, but - no, I am certainly not "restored" either!

Anonymous said...

It is sad that you did not get to see it.
I watched the clip three times-wonderful! Have not seen good ballet in years, just realized how much I miss it.
Olga