Sunday, April 19, 2009

"Smile..."

I thought I'd get the three kids (Natalia's friend had already gone home) out of the house for some "Spring" sunshine.

Once outside, we realized it was SNOWING. A thick flurry, even though it wasn't accumulating much. 

Enough already! Some teenager omnisciently read my mind with his choice of graffiti on a near-by building...


I then took the kids to the Old Arbat, hoping the snow wouldn't prevent us from some slow-paced scooter riding before meeting up with the family of Katya's friend at the Hard Rock Café... Even with hats and mittens, however, the kids were too cold. It was 23 degrees Fahrenheit out, with a cold, wet wind...

That's when we all DID begin to "Smile"... A venti latte, hot cocoa, Chai latte kind of smile...


As seen from outside:

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Alright, sunshine and warmth...you've got three (ack! 2 1/2) weeks. Please tell me I won't have to pack my winter coat! But, I still want the latte! :)

Natalie said...

Oh... I feel for you! I always THINK we have it bad, living in MI, its so cold for so much longer than it is anywhere else. But I guess it could be worse. We keep getting teased with the weather here, yesterday it was low 70's and it felt SO HOT! It was awesome! But today it's cold and rainy.

Annie said...

Ohhhhhhhh.....I've been in there!

Wish I could be there today.

Tina in CT said...

I mirror Rachel's comment. I am NOT bringing my winter jacket.

Please call before noon as I can't get through.