Thursday, May 21, 2009

But of Course!

Love how his underwear shows through the tights. Niiiice!

There's nothing to look at here, people... So six men are in the dance store, trying on fancy white tutus, complete with leotards, feathered hair pieces, tights and leather ballet slippers. Nothing out of the ordinary! 


They were not pleased when they realized I'd managed to snap some pictures with my phone. I'm thinking they are all actors of some sort, and that they were getting them for a comedy sketch on TV... They were men on a mission in there, and the outfits had to be perfect... 

And babushki manning the store? Didn't blink an eye. Thought it was all perfectly routine, too. Wow, I sure don't get out much...

Our purchase of girls' ballet slippers was so incredibly boring in comparison...

7 comments:

Tina in CT said...

With the Russian intolerance of alternative lifestyles, I'm surprised the babushki in the store didn't blink an eye!

That guy sure looks funny in the tutu - skinny legs and all.

Bet Katya and Natalia thought they were strange.

Tina in CT said...

Call me about CM as we have to order.

Rachael said...

Only in Russia.

Annie said...

Yes; I guess your purchase was "old hat"!

mosaikmum said...

Haha! Funny story...good on you getting the snapshots! :)

Tina in CT said...

Don't want to call in case you're sleeping. Call me if you're up. It's 2:35.

Ian said...

I just wanted you to know that I really enjoy your blog. My wife and I adopted a 2 year old girl from the Moscow Region last year and we really enjoyed the time we spent in Moscow. So it is nice to read your blog about living there. Keep up the good work!