Saturday, May 23, 2009

Funny Little p.s. About Our "Blogging Moms' Night Out"

The night before we went out, Chris asked me if I had heard of "XXX," the lawyer on the opposite side of the deal he has just begun. My reply? "Why, as a matter of fact I'm meeting his wife for dinner tomorrow night!" 

Meanwhile, on the other side of the city, the Mr. Expatress was asking her the same question!

Small, small expat world...

Hope the deal doesn't get nasty! Oh, heck, if it does, it'll just be more fodder for our laughter the next time we meet...

6 comments:

Annie said...

Wow - that's a coincidence!

Tina in CT said...

You've told me about the small American expat community there, but this one sure proves it.

What were the lawyer husbands' reactions?

The Expatresse said...

The Spouse said, "Oh, we're across the table, but it's not like we're going to fight. He's a good guy."

Tina in CT said...

We never spoke about the CM order this weekend and need to do that this week. Also, what about the b-day gift you left here to have me mail for you?

kate said...

ps I asked Aeroflot to keep me out of their magazine in the future. If you need their editor's address, let me know!

Suz said...

Help please! My daughter, adopted from Russia in 2001 (at 11 months) is doing a presentation to her 2nd and 3rd grade school on Monday.

I need a simple game that young elementary kids play in Russia. Can you help?? Something similar to duck, duck, goose or red rover in difficulty. Thanks in advance!!!