Thursday, May 14, 2009

Katya's After-School Play

video

Today was Katya's after-school play. They meet twice a week with a wonderful teacher who has extensive theatrical training and a wonderful way with kids. They read fairy tales, acting them out as they read... Then they picked their favorites and wrote the play themselves. Katya had a main role.

Too bad our babysitter shut off the video camera five minutes into the show and I only realized it at the end... (I was busy taking pictures). Ugh!

If you notice how big Katya's white shirt is, you'll chuckle to know it's actually her father's undershirt. She forgot to bring one to school... So he stripped in the bathroom and she put it on!

video

6 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I wish we'd known about the play, piano recital and akido before my tickets were bought so I could have stayed until the weekend.

It looks like the kids had lots of fun putting on the play.

Where is Katya's big white hairbow?

kate said...

Thanks for the heads up! I'm honored to join the ranks of you and the expatresse. ;>

You're right. I'd love a copy.

kate said...

Now off to get caught up on your blog!

Rachael said...

Bravo, Katya!

P.S. Did you have to pay a fee for photos with the actors?

Annie said...

What a wonderful performance! That teacher is very clever... But Russian children seem to have many more opportunities for public speaking and performance than American children (another advantage to your being there....what lovely experiences for her!)

I was thinking of doing something very similar at our school - except primarily with Bible stories as the prompt. You are inspiring me!

Tina in CT said...

I noticed that it was big but thought it was part of the costume! Good thing he was wearing one.