Friday, May 15, 2009

Pictures from Katya's School Play


The kids had such fun; here are some pictures of them all in their traditional costumes... and the prerequisite big white hairbows!


Katya and Natalia used to go to nursery school with the two girls above; they had fun being in a play together again.


"Blin da pirog... Blin da pirog..." (Old Russian for "blini and pierogi," which meant they were about to steal enough money to be able to buy both). 


Surprise, surprise... Katya is good at pretending to sulk and pout...!


The End!

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I wish I'd been there for the play and the night before's activities! The pictures show how much fun the kids were having.

Lisa said...

Do you know how to tie those big hairbows? I wish I had asked one of the caregivers to teach me while I was in Russia but I never got around to it. I'd love to be able to do that for my girls once in awhile.

Annie said...

Adorable!

Lisa - I'm with you on the big hair bows; I really love them. I was trying to make them on my all-Irish daughter Lydia before I ever dreamed of having a Russian daughter.

I've decided it must be what they are made out of. I even looked a bit when I was there....but have to "fake it" with the widest organdy I can find - and that still is not quite right.