Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sorry for the Lack of Interesting Posts...

It's simply that time of year, stressful for both parents and educators. (I really hear you, Annie!)

You name it, it has taken place in the last two weeks... 

And now I'm rushing to leave in a few days for the school trip to Italy... (Hmm.. For you regular readers, I'm bringing Natalia, too... But NOT because of the merits of her behavior... It's more so that my nanny doesn't quit!)

Um, in the midst of it, I'm trying to meet the deadlines for our flexible spending account and childcare reimbursement claims, plus medical forms for camp and all kinds of other goodies that I couldn't tend to in the midst of our hectic life...

All that aside, however, I'm really excited about the trip. I can't wait to teach the lessons I've planned... (The coolest? Taping a roll of paper to the underside of a row of tables to have the students try painting a fresco the way Michelangelo did the Sistine Chapel...) The older and younger kids will be separated most of the time, so I won't teach Katya... But she'll be staying in my room with me. (She doesn't know this yet and won't be too pleased... I, however, as a mom worried about safety, am relieved...) No matter what,  I know that Katya will LOVE it all... Natalia? Hmm. I hope...

9 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I wish Natalia could split her time between her 4 grandparents here to get spoiled and ease your schedule.

What a cool idea for painting. How do you come up with such great ideas?

I'll MISS not being able to talk with you and the girls. Hopefully you'll find a few minutes to email.

Carey and Norman said...

I always enjoy catching up. I plan to read the blogs you have listed in a previous post.

Thanks for the ballerina pictures. That is a hoot! I would have taken pictures too!

Anonymous said...

Dina said:
Bono Voyago? Have a great time, the laying-on-your-back lesson plan is FANTASITC!

Anonymous said...

Where are you going in Italy?
How many children are you taking?
Hope not too many.
Olga

Rachael said...

Have a fabulous time! And I hope the girls do too.

Annie said...

The trip sounds amazing. I like that project idea, too.....(Might even work that into a religion lesson)...

I hope you can post from there.

Who is going, how many? I was picturing a tour, but no actual teaching. Describe this, if you get the chance!

Michelle said...

I love the painting the Sistine chapel. When my brother was in Kindergarten his teacher did the same thing. He still talks about how that was his favorite school project. He is now 27 and talks like he did it yesterday. You are creating great memories and a great learnng experiences.

brainwracked said...

Your posts are always interesting :))). You're just being too hard on yourself.

Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic