Monday, June 22, 2009

Ciao, Italia...

Another teacher and I painted these for the Carnival Day we had at camp.

We got back from Rome Sunday night and my life since, well, has been limited to load after load of laundry... A haircut... Some errands that must be done before we leave for the USA...

So much of our summer clothing contains colors that bleed, so getting it all washed is a l-o-n-g process... 

I'm pretty sure that my Strepp throat came back, too.

Tonight is Graduation at school for the Senior Class... (They all passed their National Exams so they can actually receive diplomas). Then we hit the road tomorrow and we'll be in transit for about 25 hours to go visit my dad on the West Coast...

I am TIRED. The trip to Italy was great, though. I'm glad we went. Natalia grew up a lot and will be in a better position when she starts school in the fall. Katya soaked up every little detail about Italian history, even impressing my Italian host father (not an easy thing to do, I might add). 

The best part for me was getting to use my Italian -- and even more importantly -- making some dear new friends, friends I might not have gotten to know had we been limited to the occasional passing in the hallway during the busy school year. I'm not so tired because of the schedule we had in taking care of the children during the trip... It's more that we adults stayed up for hours and hours talking late into the night! Worth it? Yup! Every secondo.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh my goodness, you just got back and you're leaving again that quickly? Hope travels to the US go smoothly! I've enjoyed the tidbits you've been able to parcel out about your Italy trip!

Olga said...

Your Italian notes are wonderful. I enjoyed them.
Hope you will have easy trip to US.
Olga