Monday, June 22, 2009

Yup, That's Us...

When we flew Aeroflot to Rome, my blog was quoted and pictured in the May issue of the inflight magazine... A few people from our entourage noticed, but it was pretty under-the-radar. 

Not so on the flight home, when we appeared in the June issue. Now that all the kids recognize Katya and Natalia, they immediately noticed their pictures on that back page of the magazine... And now my blog is hardly a school secret anymore! It's not that big a deal, though... I purposely never write anything that could in any way cause conflict, any how. (This month they quoted my episode at the car wash when a driver/bodyguard pointed his gun at me). 

I've got to admit, though, it was kind of fun. Katya and Natalia thought so, too. One of the main things I teach is writing, so it's neat to have my students see that I practice what I preach. Incidentally, you're in this month's magazine, too, Dina. You, too, Kate -- even though I know you asked them not to include you. 

Hmm... Anyone flying Aeroflot in July or August who could let us know who's quoted and what for then? 

6 comments:

Tina in CT said...

You flew Aeroflat with their record of drunk pilots!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh,
you can not win this game Tina. Either they are drunk or dead. Which is better?
Olga

Tina in CT said...

Good comment Olga!

Anonymous said...

Tina,
I was actually thinking (hoping) - may be not all Aeroflot pilots are drunk all the time, may be some of them are sober sometimes.
Olga

Tina in CT said...

I sure hope not all Aeroflat pilots drink before flying but I'm not flying that airline. I'll stick with Delta.

Elle J said...

That is so great!! How fun to have that kind of recognition about your blog!