Monday, August 3, 2009

The Katyas and the Gunny Sack Gang


No, it's not some strange rock band... It's all of the americangirlsinmoscow and alwayswanted4 siblings together for the first time! 

Those of you who have followed this blog for a while will know about our connection, but for those of you who don't, here it is in a nutshell: Rachael and I met in May of 2007 when she was in Moscow adopting her daughter Katya. We've been friends since! She, her mom (Cecilia), her Katya and her older son (Jack), all joined us in Moscow this past May for Victory Day. 

This weekend we ALL have met up at Cecelia's in the countryside in upstate New York. 

We are eating like royalty (Cecelia and Bob grow most of their own food and they are both AMAZING cooks) and having a ball!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Just have to clarify here why my kids are all wearing oversized matching t-shirts: my mom gave them to them to wear so they didn't get dirty and they all put them on over their swimsuits -- Katya and Natalia had them on too -- I have no idea how they managed to get rid of them before the picture while my kids all still have theirs on, but my kids look like a bunch of country hill-billies in this pic! =) Of course, that's nothing compared to me letting my mom and Tina take Ben to WalMart dressed that way (plus cowboy boots.) haha.

Annie said...

Rachael - it just looks like they all went on a mission trip! They are cute! I love this photo.