Friday, August 14, 2009

Loaded Up!


We made it back to Moscow rather uneventfully and I'm now in the midst of unpacking... And sorting through everything in the apartment to make space for the new stuff. So far I've gotten rid of all games and books that the kids have outgrown, adding them to everything I brought back to start the school's collection of English books. 

This is what the elevator looked liked yesterday as I set out to deliver books and educational games to the elementary and high schools... I then brought another big load of more materials...

My thighs are covered in deep bruises from the box corners. Yuck. But it's soooo worth it to now have all these great resources here!

Today was my first day back at work; it felt great to pop in for just a morning meeting and then head home again. 

16 comments:

Tina in CT said...

How is your back feeling?

When all the teachers are back, they will be blown away by the English libraries you have set up in each of the schools.

Hopefully the parents will write big checks for the fund raisers.

Tina in CT said...

Please add my blog to your blog list.

Rachael said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound -- even if a little bruised and banged up.

Tami said...

WOW! That's a LOT of stuff! And wow, again...there's MORE?!
Glad you're home safe and sound...even if its a bit bruised. ;)

The Expatresse said...

How do you get all this stuff to Moscow? I struggle to meet my suitcase weight limits.

Annie said...

Hard to believe you had to actually go to work...I think you need a week or two at home to rest.

Geotacs said...

wow that's a lot in the elevator!

good that things ahev settled in!

cheers!

Anonymous said...

hey tamara! i miss you!!!! busy summer, but em has started back at school and a book they are reading is about metro stations around the world including moscow. also, her teacher's last name is svoboda - too funny - maybe a sign???? anyway, do you have any metro pics that you can send to me so em can share with her class? talk to you soon!
miss you!
jeannie

Tina in CT said...

Jeannie,

Just read your comment. I know that she has posted about the metro stations and included pictures in her past postings. Hope this is helpful.

I know have a blog too.

Tina

Jojo, Julz, Julianne said...

Did you take all those boxes on the plane with you??

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your wonderful , insightful blog-Betty http://geothermalquestions.net

betty said...

Thank you for your wonderful , insightful blog-Betty http://geothermalquestions.net

Anonymous said...

hi tina - which blog is yours? i can't wait to read it ; ) i'll also look through tamara's blog for pics - thanks ; )

miss you, tamara!
jeannie

Tina in CT said...

Jeannie,

Just click on Tina in CT next to the dachshund picture in my comment and it'll bring you to my profile.

It was some time ago that she had the metro pictures.

Tina

katbat said...

nice! that is a lot for the tiny elevators they have here! welcome back!!

Tina in CT said...

If you're still up, please call. I don't want to call in case you are all asleep.